Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Education is the backbone of an enlightened nation and quality education is more so for a developed, progressive and prosperous country. Development, application and maintenance of quality benchmarks in all key performance areas of higher education is a challenging job. It is, therefore, imperative to develop a mechanism and place in position an independent organ of the University, namely, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), with the responsibility to evaluate the processes and practices, suggest measures for improvement in education delivery system, and monitor and ensure implementation of policy decisions for quality up-gradation and sustenance for achieving academic excellence. Since quality enhancement is a un-ending process, the SGT University has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell to work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance by developing intervention strategies.
Purpose of the IQAC
It will be the basic purpose of the IQAC to ensure continuous improvement in the entire gamut of academic and administrative operations of SGT University by generating good academic ideas, processes and practices and ensuring their implementation for the benefit all the stakeholders connected with this University—students, parents, teachers, staff, funding agencies, and society in general.
Following shall be the goals of the IQAC:
- To fulfil the mission and the vision of SGT University.
- To develop strategies and systems for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
IQAC will perform the following functions to achieve its goals and objectives:
- To develop quality benchmarks/ parameters and apply the same to various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- To keep the stakeholders apprised of various quality parameters of higher learning by dissemination of information.
- To develop mechanism for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- To act as a nodal agency of the SGT University for coordinating the quality-related activities such as adoption of good practices.
- To organize workshops, seminars and conferences on quality-related themes to educate the stakeholders.
- To prepare and maintain documentation of the programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- To help and guide teachers to apply for research projects to various funding agencies.
- To develop and maintain a database of contributions/achievements of teachers for the purpose of API criteria as enshrined in the UGC guidelines. In order to facilitate the process, all the teachers shall supply the relevant information to IQAC.
- To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to assimilate knowledge and adopt technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- To develop and maintain Institutional database for maintaining/ enhancing the institutional quality.
- To evaluate the processes and practices, suggest measures for improvement in education delivery system, and monitor the implementation of policy decisions for quality up-gradation and sustenance.
- To develop quality culture in the University.
- To prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) and submit the same to the higher education quality regulators such as NAAC, NBA, etc.
- To convene the meetings of the Quality Assurance Board.
- Use of multitude of fora such as seminars, conferences, lectures, etc. for inculcation quality culture in the University.
- Ensuring upgradation of the skills and knowledge of the teachers through training, participation in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Encouraging teachers to undertake research.
- Promotion of use of best practices and latest technology for effective delivery of information and knowledge to the learners in the classroom.
- Arranging audit of all academic and administrative tasks of the University.
- Use of latest technologies for dissemination of quality-related information among the stakeholders.
- Ensuring adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure in the University.
Benefits of the IQAC
The quality assurance exercise will benefit the stakeholders and the University in particular, and society at large as under:
- It will enhance the level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality improvement.
- It will facilitate the internalization of the quality culture.
- It will help in the institutionalization of good practices and better coordination among various organs of the University.
- It will provide a sound platform for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- It will help catalyse the change for the better in the University.
- It promote better communication among various stakeholders.
Quality Advisory Council (QAC)
The Quality Advisory Council of the IQAC will have Vice-Chancellor as Chairman and Director, IQAC as Member-Secretary. The Council will perform monitoring and advisory roles in the functioning of the IQAC. The Quality Advisory Council shall have the following constitution:
|3.||Dean, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences||Member|
|4.||Dean, Faculty of Dental Sciences||Member|
|5.||Dean, Faculty of Nursing||Member|
|6.||Dean, Faculty of Engineering||Member|
|6.||Director (P& I)||Member|
|7.||Four outside experts||To be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor|
There will be a Departmental Coordinator in each Department for supply of information to and interaction with the Director, IQAC for implementation of IQAC decisions The Head of the Department will nominate a teacher as Departmental Coordinator under intimation to the Director, IQAC.
The IQAC shall function under the overall control and guidance of the Quality Assurance Council. The Cell shall have the following functionaries for performing day-to-day work: