ADMISSIONS NOTIFICATION FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2023-24
The admission to various courses in the University will be made strictly on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination or as per the eligibility criteria prescribed under regulatory/statutory provisions, whichever applicable. For admissions in the Technical Courses, candidates who appeared in JEE Main – 2022 will be given preference.
APPLY THROUGH ONLINE MODE :
Steps for Online Application Process
- Visit SGT website- www.sgtuniversity.ac.in for registration.
- Register on SGTU registration page.
- Confirm Programme /Specialisation, generate your brochure no. and proceed to payment.
- Once registered, pay registration fee of Rs.2100/-
- After successful registration, confirmation message is sent through SMS/E-mail.
- PI will be conducted online (zoom call)
- If eligible, will proceed for online provisional admission.
APPLY THROUGH OFFLINE MODE :
Steps for Offline Application Process
- Enquire manually at Admission cell, SGTU
- Enquiry will then be assigned to respective counselor through KIOSK lead
- Information is provided on courses, eligibility criteria, fee etc.
- Document verification will be done by the counselors
- If eligible- Pay application fee i.e Rs.2100
- Appear for PI at SGTU
- If selected provisional admission is offered.
Reservation of Seats
As per the provisions of Section 35 of the Haryana Private Universities Act, 2006, 25% seats in the University shall be reserved for students of the State of Haryana, out of which 10% seats are reserved for the students belonging to Scheduled Castes of the State of Haryana.
As per the provisions of Section 36 of the Haryana Private Universities Act, 2006, the fee structure for twenty-five per cent (25%) students who are domicile of Haryana shall be based on merit-cum-means basis and be as follows :
(a) One-fifth of the twenty-five percent will be granted full fee concession;
(b) Two-fifth of the twenty-five percent will be granted fifty percent fee concession;
(c) The balance two-fifth of the twenty-five percent will be granted twenty-five percent fee concession.
Admission Schedule for Ph. D. programs, M. Phil. (Clinical Psychology) and Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology for the Session 2023-24
Application Form must reach : The Registration Branch, SGT University, Budhera, Gurugram-Badli Road, Gurugram (Haryana) – 122505 as per the following schedule :
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Last date for Submission of Application||Date of Entrance Examination|
|1.||M. Phil. In Clinical Psychology||08th July, 2023||15th July, 2023|
|2.||Ph. D. in all streams||15th July, 2023||22nd July, 2023|
|3.||Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology||22th July, 2023||29th July, 2023|
|4.||Ph. D. in all streams||16th December, 2023||23th December, 2023|
(a) Venue for Entrance Test : Campus of the University
(b) Timing for Entrance Test : 10.30 A.M. to11.30 A.M.
(c) Distribution of Marks : 70 marks for entrance and 30 marks for Interview/Viva
(d) Qualifying marks : 50%
- Candidates, who have appeared in the qualifying examination and whose results are awaited, may also apply. Such candidates will be considered for provisional admission subject to submission of relevant documents satisfying eligibility conditions at the time of Counseling.
- Admission to the Ph. D. in all streams, M. Phil. (Clinical Psychology) and Professional Diploma in Clinical Psychology shall be made strictly on the basis of merit of Entrance Examination/Interview & Viva to be conducted by the University.
- Details of examination [Ph. D. programs and M. Phil. (Clinical Psychology)] :
(a) No. of questions : 70 (50% Subject Oriented + 50% Research Methodology)
(b) Type of Questions: Multiple Choice (4 choices)
(c) Maximum marks : 70
(d) Venue of Entrance Examination: SGT University, Budhera, Gurugram-Badil Road, Gurugram–122505
(e) Evaluation of Answer Book : Each correct answer will carry 01 marks
(f) Syllabus : Syllabus of the Qualifying Examination will be as prescribed by SGT University as per the guidelines of the UGC
Details of examination (Professional Diploma) :
(a) Written test (Objective) : 60 marks (Multiple Choice)
(b) Written test (Descriptive) : 20 marks
(c) Practical : 25 marks
(d) Group Discussion : 20 Marks
(e) Personal Interview : 25 marks
(f) Syllabus : Syllabus of the Qualifying Examination will be as prescribed by SGT University as per the guidelines of RCI.
4. The candidates will be called for counseling in order of merit. At the time of counseling itself, the entire original documents (DMCs/Degrees/other Certificates) required to be submitted to the Counseling Committee along with the prescribed fee, failing which admission will not be allowed under any circumstances and seat will be offered to the candidates who is in the waiting list as per the merit.