In 2002, SGT University, Gurugram launched a new faculty department – Faculty of Dental Sciences, named SGT Dental College Hospital & Research Institute. With its excellent infrastructure, state of the art equipment, it is known as one of the best dental colleges in India.
Highly qualified and experienced faculty members have carved a niche for themselves in the field of dentistry, aiming to develop multi-dimensional pursuance in advanced knowledge of dentistry, commitment to excellence with moral & ethical values. Globally the field of Dentistry has grown leaps and bounds with the scope of state-of-the-art innovations associated with it.
WHY DENTISTRY AT SGT UNIVERSITY
- All courses aligned with the Dental Council of India
- Learning through application-based scopes, seminar, clinical case presentation
- Dissertation and training in advanced treatment procedures at par with global standards
- Undergraduate Teaching Program (BDS)
- Pre-clinical training on dummies mimicking human oral cavity & simulation
- Clinical training & orientation at dental clinics supervised by experienced faculty
- Personalized guidance for advanced level treatment procedures on patients
- Postgraduate teaching Program (MDS)
- Specialization in Oral Medicine & Radiology, Periodontology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Pediatric& Preventive Dentistry, Orthodontics &DentofacialOrthopedics, Public Health Dentistry and Oral Pathology & Microbiology.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in all subjects
- Focus on futuristic translational research
- Promoting intra-disciplinary researches
- Fully equipped minor and major operation theatres equipped with latest technology
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Faculty of Dental Sciences has various advanced clinical skill-based equipment including CBCT unit, Microscope Enhanced Dentistry units, Mobile Dental Van, Dental Xpertz Clinic setup, surgical & allied support, Cleft Center – NavMuskaan, separate Implantology Unit, major and minor operation theatres, special child clinics and full component sufficient number of dental chair units in each department making it a perfect environment for good clinical exposure and value-based learning. Preclinical Dental and Oral Pathological Laboratories assist in appropriate skill development for all academic programs. Inventories like lasers, RVG’s, X-Ray units, Conscious sedation units, Orthodontic need analysis equipment and Carbon Monoxide monitor are other supportive equipment.
All nine departments in the Faculty of Dental Sciences have highly experienced and energetic faculty members with ethical and scientific mindsets to carry forward the science of Dentistry, laying high-quality stress on research & innovation in dentistry and applied sciences. The majority of the faculty members are pursuing extramural research works of their choice of specializations.
The majority of faculty members are regularly submitting & pursuing extramural research works of their specializations with sponsoring bodies like the Science and Engineering Board, Indian Council of Medical Research, ICSSR, BIRAC, DBT and other corporate & social welfare sponsoring bodies. UG students also participate in the annual UG level research grant submission process by ICMR under Short Term Studentship.
AWARDS & RANKING
Faculty members have received prestigious fellowships from the Board of Orthodontics, International College of Dentists (FICD, USA), FDSRCPS from Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, and the Indian Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
UG & PG students, faculty members have won several accolades at various National and International Conferences and PG Conventions, especially at academic platforms. Staff and students are engaged in international exchange programmes as well.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Besides academics, the students also actively participate in several extracurricular programs every year, including Fresher’s Day, Induction & Orientation Programs, Diwali Fest, Holi Fest, Symphonious (Musical Fest), Inter-College Cultural & Sports fests, and the list goes on. Our students have achieved laurels for the institution at various student fest events especially organized by Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, New Delhi and various other colleges in the National Capital Region.
With its fully equipped Mobile Dental Van, the Faculty of Dental Sciences has extended its outreach programs in several villages and cities.
- Dental Health Care of nearby adopted Villages
- Regular oral health screening & treatment camps with free medicines in rural areas
- Collaborative Oral health activities with NGO (MIW Foundation, DLF Global Development, Reliance SEZ Company Ltd., governmental setups)
- Special Camps for Prisoners at Tihar Jail, New Delhi, Jhajjar District Jail &Bhondsi Jail in Gurgaon
- Public-Private Partnership with Governmental Health care facilities in nearby rural areas
- Peripheral centres for Blind group of population in collaboration with Blind Relief Association, Lodhi Road, New Delhi since 2009
- Industrial-cum-Academic visit to Dental Expo for practical exposure of students
- Celebration of various National Health Days with special focus on oral health