Board of Studies
- Constitution of the Board of Studies of the Established Department The Board of Studies for each department shall consist of the following members:
- Head of the Department as Chairperson
- All Professors of the Department
- Two Associate Professors of the concerned Department
- One senior teacher to be co-opted by the Board of Studies from other Department nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with Head of Department
- One or more outside subject experts nominated by the Vice- Chancellor on the recommendation of the Head of concerned Department
- Constitution of the Board of Studies of the Department to be Started: The Vice-Chancellor may constitute the Board of Studies for the subjects to be started by the University.
- Functions of the Board of Studies:
- Detailed syllabi of different courses of each department shall be prepared by the Board of Studies and submitted to the Academic Council for approval and subsequent publication.
- Contents of the syllabi shall be revised and updated by the Board of Studies from time to time and be submitted to the Academic Council for approval.
- The meetings of the Board of Studies shall be held at least once in a year.
Note: There may be a Joint Board of Studies for related departments in case of Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences and Faculty of Dental Sciences. The meeting of the Joint Board of Studies shall be chaired by the Dean of the Faculty. These Boards shall comprise of all the eligible members as per the constitution of Board of Studies mentioned here above.