Faculty Name: Faculty of Physiotherapy
Duration of Course: 8 Semesters + 6 Months Internship
Eligibility: Age of 17 years or more on 31st December of the year of admission.
10+2 with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English taken together.
Healthcare is a vast industry where aspirants make their careers in various domains. Candidates who want to rehabilitate patients by treating them with the help of exercises, massages, and physical activities can become Physiotherapists. Graduates from this course can prevent and cure physical dysfunctionalities in patients. Physiotherapy is considered the branch of healthcare that examines, diagnoses, treats, and instructs patients to improve their movement dysfunction, bodily malfunction, physical disorder, disability, healing & pain from trauma & disease, and physical & mental conditions. Physiotherapists utilize various physical agents, including exercise, mobilization, manipulation, mechanical, and electrotherapy devices, to treat patients. The high rise of industrialization and mechanization is the outcome of the high demand and scope of physiotherapy not only in India but also in abroad.
A Physiotherapist, also known as a Physical Therapist, is a vital part of the healthcare team responsible for treating patients without medicines by the use of exercise, manual therapy, rehabilitation techniques, and physical activity. The primary work of a physiotherapist is to help patients recover or rehabilitate from neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, sports, geriatrics, oncology impairments, and other incapable states. It is also a physical therapist’s responsibility to restore the patients’ body to its possible functional level.
Physiotherapists also play an essential role in preventing injuries that include on-field sores and treating them according to their needs. Also, it is the therapist’s responsibility to address not only the damage but also help patients control the impact of the injury to avoid future abnormalities.
Courses offered under the faculty of Physiotherapy:
- B. Sc. (Sports & Exercise Science)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Cardiopulmonary)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Neurology)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Orthopedics)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Sports)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Community Rehabilitation)
- Master of Physiotherapy (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- D (Neurology, Cardiology, Sports, Orthopedics)
Career Options in Physiotherapy
- Consultant Physiotherapist in Multi-specialty Hospitals, Health Care Centers, NGOs
- Corporate Physiotherapist in MNCs
- Health Care Physiotherapy Instructor in Gym
- Ergonomic Care Advisor
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children
- Physiotherapist in Old Age Residential Homes
- Sports Physiotherapists along with Sports Associations, Sports Team, individually hired physiotherapists by elite athletes
- Entrepreneurs in Rehabilitation Centers/ Organizations
- Private Practitioners running Private Physiotherapy Practice
- Clinical Researcher
Why Physiotherapy at SGT University?
- SGT University has modern medicine hospital attached to it to provide maximum exposure to the students
- We have highly competent, compassionate, and qualified faculty members.
- State of the art research center, exercise therapy, and electrotherapy labs are available for students.
- Depart of physiotherapy has well-established libraries.
- SGT University has Smart class facility with well-equipped labs
To know more about these programs such as eligibility criteria, admission process, and other queries you can visit our official website https://sgtuniversity.ac.in/ or contact us through the mail, phone, or social media platforms.