PLACEMENT RULES 2018 – 2019
The placement rules of SGT University, Gurugram seek to provide a fair and reasonable opportunity to all its students to be suitably placed according to their Aptitude, Scores, Attendance, Caliber & Competence. The rules below have been defined to meet the aspiration of maximum students. This is a dynamic process and the rules will be updated as per the need of the hour.
RATIONALE & COVERAGE:
- The Placement Process at SGT University is based on the principles of Equity, Fair play, Transparency & Objectivity.
- It would involve both on-campus as well as off-campus routes.
- The rules would cover all students who are registered for placement in 2018.
- Placements would be a student-driven exercise. The role & responsibility of the CRC is to facilitate the process of placement. Placement office of SGT University, Gurugram does not guarantee a job.
- While every endeavour will be made by the institute to check & confirm antecedents of the company etc., the students are also expected to exercise their judgment and conduct due diligence before participating in the placement process of a company.
To avail campus placement services/facilitation for placement, students would have to first register themselves with the placement cell and accept the terms of Placement rules.
- SGT University follows the one-student: one-job. ( BRAND, PACKAGE & PROFILE is better than only allowed for next job offer)
- At any point, an eligible student should have appeared in at least 33% processes. For example, if a student is eligible for 15 placement processes from the day one of placement season, he/she has to sit in minimum 5 of them. If not, he/she would be assumed to be not interested in the placement process through campus & no further assistance would be given to them.
- Only those registered students would be considered who fulfil all the requirements of the company/placement cell/academic score/the attendance in the training sessions and etc.
- Normally, students are shortlisted for placements on the basis of guidelines, cutoffs, etc. provided by the recruiter. However, in cases where recruiters requests SGT University to shortlist students for them, SGT UNIVERSITY would shortlist students on the basis of merit i.e. on the basis of mock recruitment process/CGPA scores & other attributes important for the job profile as per inputs are given by Head of the Campus Placement & Training Department.
- The placement exercise for a student would be considered to have been over and complete once his/her name is conveyed in the list of selected candidates, by a company through email, in writing or offer letter.
- The students applying in any company process are required to adhere to deadlines as per the mail sent & their application would not be considered after the deadline.
- The student, if required to travel outstation for the campus recruitment would not be reimbursed travel fare. However if the substantial number of students are appearing for the same process at one outstation venue, transportation may be arranged by the campus.
- Once registered it becomes mandatory for the student to take part in the placement process. He / She cannot withdraw in between.
GUIDELINES FOR PRE-PLACEMENT TALKS (PPT’S)/INTERVIEWS:
- The Pre-Placement Talks (PPT) or Company Presentations are avenues for the companies to brief about the organization, job profile, remuneration, location, growth prospects and also to interact with the students, understand their expectations and apprise them of the job requirements and job profiles offered and students must be interactive & get clarification of any doubts from the company officials giving PPT.
- Dress code must be maintained and students must be seated 15 minutes before the starting of PPTs/interviews. They will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium/Conference/Interview room after the start of PPTs/selection process/PI.
- Attendance in PPT is mandatory after registration. Students proceeding after the PPT for the next step in the selection process of a Company cannot quit in between. If a student quits in between, then he/she will be debarred and will not be allowed to appear in any other future placement event.
- Placement team would maintain a register/log to record the campus process steps in details right from student registering to final selection.
RULES FOR PLACEMENT PROCESS:
- Students are not authorized to communicate with the companies on an individual level. Any deviation would result in disciplinary action against the particular student(s) involved in such activity, which may include permanent debarring from placement process. Any corporate interaction by any student must be carried out in consultation with the Corporate Relations Team.
- A student will be considered to have secured a job if her/his name appears in the selection list.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion / Personal Interviews and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or TPC staff.
- All students who appear for placement process are required to:
- Be formally dressed and presentable. Also, has to be in time & maintain discipline.
- Must have 2 copies of updated CVs & 2 passport size photograph.
- Must carry Institute Identity Card &Hall ticket if applicable.
- Carry Photocopy of all educational qualifications/credentials.
- The students are also advised to update their mobile numbers with the placement cell in case of any change. It will be compulsory for all the eligible students to appear in the Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) of a company if the company is from his/her preferred specialization.
- The job postings along with the eligibility criteria will be displayed on the display board and also sent to student’s group id. Students are required to check their emails regularly for information and details regarding placement drives.
- Students who are eligible for any placement drive will have to give his/her consent before attending the same to the concerned coordinator before the deadline.
- Student who fails to attend the placement drive, whether on or off campus subsequent to his/her consent for attending the same will be considered as misconduct resulting in disciplinary action including permanent debarment.
- Students coming inappropriately dressed on Placement drive will not be allowed to attend the placement activity and disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- Placement cell will make all arrangements for recruiters to be invited and included in the placement process. All students are required to do their homework seriously before facing an interview and select only those companies which meet their preferred profile. Students should be clear and fully prepared for the selection process viz Aptitude Test, Case Study, GD & PI etc. as per selection process of a specific company coming for recruitment & must prepare themselves thoroughly. The responsibility to get selected/get an offer of employment lies squarely on individual students.
- All offer letters will be addressed to the institute. Acceptance by students will be through the placement cell of the institute.
- A time period will be declared within which the students have to inform the Cell regarding his/her decision on the offer. If he/she fails to do so, it shall be assumed that the offer has been rejected by him/her. Then he/she shall not be eligible for any further placement process.
- Student should be prepared/ready to RE-LOCATE to any part of INDIA for a good profile. No request regarding Relocation will be entertained at any given point of time.
All graduating students who have registered with the placement cell shall be eligible to receive placement assistance unless otherwise debarred from receiving such assistance on account of:
- Secured less than 6 CGPA till 6th sem. OR have any backlog till 6th Sem. This criteria is subject to the further imposition of academic grade/percentage restrictions of the individual recruiter.
- Non-completion of other academic requirements.
- Breach of discipline and general misconduct.
- If a student has any back paper at the time of commencement of the 7th Semester, he/she will be debarred from the placement process and will not be allowed to sit in the ongoing selection process in the campus till the time he/she clears his/her back papers. However, depending on the genuineness of the individual case the Appellate authority would take the decision.
- If a student is caught using unfair means during any exam/test/placement selection process, he/she would be debarred from the Placement Process.
The following events/actions would be deemed to be acts of misconduct and would attract commensurate penal action/permanent debarment if:
- Student attendance is less than 90% in training sessions, guest lectures, Tests, GD/PI sessions etc.
- The student withdraws from/does not appear in 2 placement processes after registering himself/herself for a company or getting shortlisted (as part of the process) by a recruiter on the basis of CV, GD, PI, written test etc., without being eliminated. However if a company, after the PPT asks “not interested” students to leave the process, and if any student does so, then his/her action would not attract the penalty of debarment.
- All emergencies are covered within 2 processes. No extra considerations/exceptions shall be allowed over and above 2 due to any reason.
- The student indulges in the following acts of misbehaviour in the placement process:
- Approaches the company either individually or through friends/relatives.
- Speaks negative about the company or SGT UNIVERSITY.
- Is found doctoring his/her resume, certificates, experiences, etc., submitted at Placement Cell.
- Talks directly to the company representative at any time other than pre-placement talk.
- Misbehaves with the placement team & corporate officials conducting campus hiring process.
- Deliberately jeopardizes any other student’s chances of getting selected by his/her misconduct.
- Indulges in any behaviour which is socially unacceptable and or brings disrepute to SGT UNIVERSITY.
- Not properly dressed during the campus recruitment process and any other related activities.
PENAL ACTION APPEAL:
An aggrieved student may Appeal against his/her debarment within one month of debarment. The appellate authority for this purpose would consist of the Director – T&P and the concerned Dean/Director/HOD. An appellate authority would take a decision on an Appeal as expeditiously as possible.