The Faculty of Law offers the following programmes:
5 year integrated B.B.A LL.B [Hons]
3 Year LL.B [Hons]
1 Year LL.M (Spl. in Corporate Law & Criminal Law)
- Dedication – In whatever we do
- Honesty – In all walks of life
- Humane Approach – To every issue
- Integrity – In adherence to a strict moral/ethical code
- Respect – For all
- Selflessness – In service to humanity
- Sincerity – In everything we commit
What is special in SGT, Why Faculty of Law at SGT
- Experienced teachers from reputed Universities;
- Curricula and syllabi at par with National Law Universities;
- Faculty offers interaction with distinguished Lawyers and Law Firms for Live Case Handling Experience.
- Collaborations and Association with Foreign Professors;
- Teaching Foreign Legal System to face the challenges of Globalisation;
- Maximum Number of opportunities for interaction with Legal Luminaries through seminars,
- Conferences and interactive sessions;
- MoUs with Professional Institutions like Indian National Bar Association, CIRC, etc;
- Inbuilt coaching modules for Judicial Services and Civil Services Examination.
- The faculty of Law came in to existence with its approval by the Bar Council of India vide its letter no. BCI: D: 336 /2014 (LE) dated 15/5/2014.
- SGT University felt the need to establish this Faculty of Law for providing highest quality professional legal education to equip Indian students for a trans-national practice and to face challenges posed by globalization.
The pedagogy and teaching methodology
Regular class room Lectures are supplemented adequately with Presentations, Interactive sessions, Group Discussions, Seminars are the various teaching methodologies to help teaching learning. The course curriculum is designed in such a way that for the honours courses, a student can choose two areas of his/her own choice for specialized study. This specialized study in their chosen fields equips them for the professional challenges.