Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology is a specialized branch of dentistry that includes diagnostic procedures like cytology, histopathology and blood investigations and also provides a broad understanding of the pathophysiology and behaviour of disease.
Work undertaken in department
Our objective is to motivate undergraduates towards fundamentals in oral biology.
- The department is involved in teaching 1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year BDS students. Students are taught subjects of Oral Embryology & Histology, Oral Pathology and Forensic Dentistry.
- Students are encouraged to present case reports of special cases.
- PG Programme was established in the year 2009.
- The overall goal for post graduate programme is to train a specialist who is able to:
- Provide highest level of microscopy diagnostic skills utilizing appropriate new technologies
- Oral cancer screening
- Diagnosis and management of patients with syndromes
- Encourage post graduate students to learn about modern teaching techniques to upgrade and enhance the teaching methodology by attending and conducting various workshops.
- To compete for research grants from various sponsoring bodies