1. When does admission for the UG and PG programs at SGT University begin, and how does one apply?
Applications for the current admission cycle are now open. In order to apply for the program, candidates must complete the application form. It is accessible both online and offline.
2. Where can I get the Admission Notification and Information Bulletin?
The candidate can refer to the official university website.
3. What documents are required along with the application form?
- 10th and 12th Grade Marksheet (Original)
- 10th and 12th Pass Certificates (Original)
- Graduation Marksheet and Degree (Original)
- Passport size photographs (self, mother, and father)
- A copy of the Aadhar card
- Original Character and Migration Certificate
- Copy of the Haryana Domicile
- Cast Certificate or Gap Certificate (if applicable)
4. Can a student apply to UG or PG programs without having received their 10+2/Graduation final year results?
Yes, but the results must be turned in before the session starts.
5. Is there any dress code followed by the university?
6. What are the timings of the SGT University Admission Office?
Monday to Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
7. What are the contact details for the Admission Office?
Toll free number: 18001025661
1. What are the modes of fee payment?
- Students should pay their requisite program fee through the ERP portal from their own log-in by using Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wallet, UPI, etc. Students who made the payment through ERP need not go to the cash counter for the issuance of a receipt.
- Students can also pay their requisite program fee through a Demand Draft in favor of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tercentenary University, payable at Gurugram.
- Payment through Cheque/Direct NEFT/RTGS will not be entertained.
- If the student is not using the above, he can visit our fee counter situated at C- Block of the university campus.
2. What if one fails to deposit the fee as per the last date mentioned?
The procedure will be as per the fee notice issued from time to time, which is shown on the ERP Portal as well as displayed on the notice boards of the respective faculties.
3. Does SGT University provide help with obtaining student loans?
Yes, assistance is provided on how to proceed with a bank loan and contact the bank.
4. Is there any facility for the payment of fees in installments?
5. How can I get my security deposit refund after completing my program?
Students have to submit prescribed forms through their respective Student Sections and get the “No Dues” form signed by all the concerned departments.
6. How long does it take to receive a refund in the event of a cancellation or other occurrence?
Within a period of 6 months after submission of the prescribed form, No Dues, and the original ID Card.
7. I need help with the payment of admission or the semester fee. Whom should I contact?
After admission, the first point of contact for all the students is their respective Student Sections.
8. How can I get in touch with the Accounts Department?
1. What is the medium of examination?
Ordinarily, the medium of writing answer scripts in exams is English at the university. But for University Umbrella Courses (such as Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses, Multidisciplinary General Electives Courses, Value Added/Skill Enhancement Courses, under New Education Policy – 2020), Hindi or English may be used as the language for writing answer scripts.
2. When will the End-of-Term/Re-Appear Examination be held?
Ordinarily, the end-of-semester/re-appearance exams for odd semesters are held in the months of December and January, and for even semesters, they are held in the months of May and June each year.
3. How can I obtain the End of Term/Re-Appear Examination Schedule?
The date sheet is posted on the university’s official website, and the concerned student section will send it to the students via WhatsApp.
4. What documents do I have to carry to the examination hall?
The following documents may be brought into the examination room by the test takers:
a) Admit Card b) ID Card
5. What are the steps to be followed in case of the loss of examination-related documents like an admit card or an identity card?
The student may obtain a duplicate admit card from their respective ERP.
6. What if I fail to register to re-appear in a particular exam session?
If the examinee fails to fill out the Re-Appear Examination Form within the stipulated time, he/she may not be allowed to appear in the Re-Appear Examination. However, he or she may sign up for the ensuing odd or even semester exam whenever it is scheduled.
7. What are the contact details for the Examination Cell?
0124-2278183-85 (University Console)
1. Are hostel/residential facilities available on campus?
Yes, a hostel/residential facility is available within the SGT University campus.
2. Are hostel accommodations available for both boys and girls?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both boys and girls.
3. What additional facilities are available for the hostellers?
Indoor and outdoor sports, a gym, Wi-Fi, reading rooms, and recreation/TV rooms are some of the facilities available for hostellers.
4. Is it possible to pay the hostel fees in installments?
The hostel fee can be paid on a yearly basis only.
5. Do the mess charges come with the hostel fee?
Yes, mess charges are included in the hostel fee.
6. Whom should I contact for a refund of my hostel caution money and other related issues?
For matters related to the refund of hostel caution money, one has to contact the Student’s Section.
7. How can I get in touch with the hostel wardens?
All hostels have a dedicated warden. The mobile numbers of the wardens are displayed in the hostel area.
1. Is there a transportation facility available for day scholars?
Yes, there are transport facilities available for day scholars.
2. Where can I find bus schedules and routes?
You can refer to the bus routes/schedules on the transportation page under the admission tab on the SGT University website.
3. What are the transportation charges?
Proposed transport charges for the session-2023-2024 are as follows:
|Kms||Fee Per Month||Kms.||Fee Per Month|
|Up to 20 Kms||2800||Up to 20 Kms||3500|
|Up to 40 Kms||3500||Up to 40 Kms||5000|
|Up to 60 Kms||4200||Up to 60 Kms||5700|
|Up to 85 Kms||4700||Up to 85 Kms||6500|
4. How can the transportation service be used?
After the student’s admission, he/she gets access to ERP and has to apply by selecting his/her pickup point and bus route number. The transport team will then approve and provide a bus pass to the student.
5. How long will the Student Bus Pass be valid?
The validity of the Student Bus Pass will be six months or one year only.
6. Are there any fines and penalties mentioned?
Yes, as per Transport Policy, some fines and penalty clauses are applicable; for more details, you can visit the university website.
7. How do I file a complaint or provide feedback regarding transportation?
Students can register complaints/feedback on the ERP after admission.
8. How can I get in touch with the Transport Office?
The Transport Office can be contacted at:
9. What will be the arrival and departure times of the SGT University buses to and
from the campus?
Arrival at Campus – 8:45 AM
Departure from Campus – 16:10 PM
10. Can the transport fee be deposited in parts?
No, it is paid in full for the whole session in advance (6 months or 12 months) at the time of availing of the transport facility.
11. Is there any discount on the transport fee?
Yes, if a student wants to take a bus service for one year, he/she will get a one-month transport fee discount.
12.What is the process after the bus pass is expired?
Ans. When a students bus pass expires, he or she must either apply for a new one or, if they decide not to continue, cancel it by submitting a cancellation form and their current bus pass to the transportation office.
13. What will be the mode of payment for the transport fee?
Payment shall be made through any of the following methods:
a) Students should pay their requisite program fee through the ERP portal from their own log-in by using Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wallet, UPI, etc. Students who made the payment through ERP need not go to the cash counter for the
issuance of a receipt.
b) Students can also pay their requisite program fee through a Demand Draft in favor of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tercentenary University, payable at Gurugram.
c) Payment through Cheque/Direct NEFT/RTGS will not be entertained.
14. What document will be issued to the transport user after depositing transport
The CAD initially issues a receipt for the applicable transport fee after receiving payment, and the student must present the receipt to the transport official at the transport office in order to receive a transport ID card, which must be carried by the student at all times when using the SGT University transportation system.
15. Can the transport facility be withdrawn?
No, the transport facility can’t be withdrawn except under the following conditions:
a) Withdrawal of Admission,
b) Shifting of residence to a place where the transport facility of SGT University is not available
c) Shifting to the Hostel of SGT University
16. What amount will be refunded in case the transport facility is withdrawn?
The refund will be made in accordance with the Transport Refund Policy, as approved by the relevant SGT University authority, by making the following deductions from the total transportation costs for the entire academic session.
17. How are the information and updates conveyed to the transport users?
The Transport Department posts any announcements or circulars outside its office and on every bus that travels its routes. Additionally, information is disseminated via ERP and the respective Institutes/Faculties & Notice Boards.
18.Is there a fine and penalty clause?
Yes, it is decided and implemented with the approval of the competent authority at SGT University.
a) In case of default in fee payment, there is a Late Fee Fine, which is charged as per the rate approved.
b) In case of any indiscipline in or around the bus or transport system or campus, disciplinary
action along with the penalty as approved may be levied.
c) In case, the user is found traveling in an SGT University bus without carrying a valid
transport ID Card, he/she may be fined.
d) In case, the Transport ID Card / Fee Receipt is misplaced, Rs. 200/- is charged towards Duplicate Transport ID Card charges, and an FIR/Affidavit on stamp paper, duly attested by the Notary Public, is required to be submitted by transport users with the Transport department of SGT University.
19. Where on campus can people board buses?
The only place to board the bus at the scheduled time is from A-Block in the direction of Nilgiri Hostel. Users are advised to arrive in the parking lot at least 10 minutes prior to the time that the buses are scheduled to depart in order to avoid any inconvenience. Buses won’t stop in the middle once they’ve left the campus parking lot.
20. In case of a bus breakdown on the route, what will be the alternative arrangement?
The transport department makes an effort to offer an alternative transportation option, but in rare instances, hiring a public vehicle on an individual or group (pool) basis at the user level may also be an alternative solution at that time on a reimbursement basis with advance notification to or permission from the SGT University transport department. For payment reimbursement, a bill or invoice will be needed.
21. Does the bus wait for the student at the stop?
No, the students must arrive at the stop at least five minutes ahead of time.
22. In case of emergencies, who can be contacted?
The SGT University’s transport helpline, 7042495698/9599784635, can be contacted in an emergency. Police at 112 may also be called in the event of a security emergency of the highest order.
23. What will be the validity of the transport ID card?
Transport fees are always billed once in full for the entire academic year and are good until the end of the academic year for which they are deposited.
24. What is the process for registering a complaint or piece of feedback regarding
a) Any type of complaint may be filed in the Complaint/Feedback Register maintained by the Transport Department.
b) Students can contact the Transport Department by email at email@example.com to register a complaint or provide feedback.
c) Drop-boxes for complaints and feedback are positioned at the transport office.
1. Can I get my final grade card and other relevant certificates from the student section?
Yes, all students can get their final grade cards and relevant certificates from the Student Section, except the Migration Certificate, which can be collected from the Registration Branch after paying the requisite fees for the same.
2. How can I get my degree certificate after the completion of my program?
The degree certificate will be conferred at the convocation, after the completion of the programme as and when it is held. If a student is not able to attend convocation for any reason, the final degree certificate may be collected from the concerned Student Section.
3. How can I apply for duplicate certificates or grade cards if I lose the original ones?
Duplicate certificates or grade cards may be obtained by submitting the request on the prescribed form to the concerned Student Section, along with the prescribed fees. In the event of losing the original certificates, a copy of the FIR from the concerned Police Station/ Online FIR is also required to be submitted.
4. What is the mode of payment for paying different fees under the student section?
Students may pay their requisite programme fee through ERP from their own log-in or by using the Pay Fee tab on the log-in page of ERP by using Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wallet, Paytm, UPI, etc. Students can also pay their requisite program fee through Demand Draft in favour of “Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University,” payable at Gurugram.
5. When will I receive my student identity card?
Student ID cards will be issued after registration and submission of all requisite documents.
6. What are the contact details for the Student Section office?
Contact details for the Student Section of all the faculties/ departments are as mentioned below:-
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Mass Communication & Media Technology
Faculty of Hotel & Tourism Management
Faculty of Fashion & Design
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Commerce and Management
Faculty of Dental Sciences
Faculty of Naturopathy & Yogic Science
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (UG)
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (PG)
Faculty of Physiotherapy
Faculty of Indian Medical System
Faculty of Nursing
SGT College of Pharmacy
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Faculty of Behavioral Sciences
Faculty of Law
1. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to be considered for placements?
Academic Criteria: 60% throughout (i.e., 10th/12th and the UG course you are pursuing)
Attendance in the Training Program: 80%
Backlog allowed: only 2 subjects
2. What should I do to avail myself of the opportunity for an internship and placement?
You need to attend the classes regularly and ensure attendance of 80 percent in both regular and training programs. Moreover, you must attend all the workshops and seminars organized at the university (as per your domain).
3. What is our placement policy, and what is the categorization of the companies?
Link for the placement policy: Placement Guidelines.doc
Category: IT Companies/Non IT Companies/Medical/Non-Medical
4. I missed the date of registration for a company. Is there any way that I can still register?
Yes, if you missed the registration deadline, contact your faculty placement coordinator; registrations should be completed within 24 hours (Extensions are only possible in a few cases).
5. What are the documents required for the recruitment process?
One folder containing:-
- Resumes, Hardboard,
- 10th, 12th, and current program mark sheets
- Certificates (additional certificates earned, such as Coursera, etc.)
- Passport-sized photos and stationery items (pen, pencil, eraser, etc.).
6. I wish to apply for off campus placement. Will I get a recommendation letter or NOC from the placement office?
Yes, you can get the recommendation letter/NOC from the placement office after presenting the offer letter.
7. Can I apply for off campus placement after receiving an on campus offer?
Yes, you can apply, provided the company has a better brand image and package as well.
8. When does the recruitment process start?
The university placement process starts in the first week of August and continues until the end of July.
9. What are the contact details for the training and placement division?
- Ms. Monica: Coordinator
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Rakesh Jaiswal: Sr. Manager
Email ID: email@example.com
- Ms. Ann: Manager
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org /
- Prof. (Dr.) K. Tara Shankar: Head, CRC
Email ID: email@example.com
1. My fee payment is not updated in my ERP. What should I do?
In such a scenario, the student may approach/contact the accounts section to check for any pendency in amounts related to Seat Booking, Scholarship,Transport, Hostel, Late Fee, etc.
2. My attendance is not updated in my ERP. What should I do?
Immediately contact the subject teacher.
3. My scholarship is not updated in my ERP. What should I do?
Check if you have filled out the “Scholarship Application” form and contact your concerned academic counselor.
4. How do I get in touch with the ERP Cell?
Students can’t contact the ERP cell directly; it needs to be routed through the Student Section only.
1. Does SGT University offer scholarships?
2. What are the criteria for applying for a scholarship?
SGT University offers the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (MCM). The MCM Scholarship is applicable only to the first-year tuition fee. Scholarship applications are opened in July and will be awarded to eligible students in August 2023. The eligibility criteria include a grade XII or graduation score.
3. What is SGT University’s Scholarship policy?
4. What is SGT University’s Refund policy?
ANS: Policy will be shared soon.
5. Can I get a refund on the application if I no longer wish to continue the admission process?
The application fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
6. Whom should I contact in case of any grievance/Complaint regarding a scholarship or refund?
In such cases, the candidate is requested to contact their respective academic counselor.