Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Governing Body : Constitution, Powers and Functions
To provide general superintendence and directions and to control the functioning of the University by using all such powers as are provided by this Act , Statutes , Ordinances, Regulation or Rules.
- The Governing Body of the University shall consist of the following members :
- Chancellor as its Chairperson
- Secretary to the Government of Haryana, Higher Education Department, or in his absence, Director General, Higher Education, Haryana in his/her ex-officio capacity
- Five persons nominated by the Sponsoring Body out of whom two shall be eminent educationists
- One expert of management or technology from outside the University nominated by the Chancellor
- One expert of finance, nominated by the Chancellor
- Registrar as Member-Secretary
- The term of office of the nominated members of the Governing Body shall by three years. The nominated members shall be eligible for re-nomination. The nominated members shall cease to be members of the Governing Body on demitting their office.
- Resignation from the membership of the Governing Body shall be effective after it has been accepted by the Chancellor.
- The Governing Body shall meet at least three times in a calendar year.
- The quorum for the meetings of the Governing Body shall be four, provided that the Secretary to Government of Haryana, Higher Education Department, or in his absence, Director General, Higher Education, Haryana shall be present in each meeting in which decisions on issues involving Governing policies/ instructions are to be taken.
- The Governing Body shall be the supreme authority of the University. All the movable and immovable properties of the University shall vest in the Governing Body.
- The Governing Body shall have the following powers as specified under Section 22 (2) of the Act:
- To review the decisions of other authorities of the University in case they are not in conformity with the provisions of this Act, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulation or Rules.
- To approve the budget and annual report of the University.
- To lay down the extensive policies to be followed by the University.
- To recommend to the Sponsoring Body for the dissolution of the University if the situation arises when there is no smooth functioning of the University in spite of best efforts.
- In addition to the powers vested in the Governing Body by virtue of the Act, the Governing Body shall also have the following powers and functions:-
- To review, from time to time, the broad policies and programmers of the University and to suggest measures for the improvement and development of the University.
- To advice the Chancellor in respect of any matter that the Chancellor refers to it for advice.
- To maintain and fulfill the basic aims and objectives of the University as set out in Section 3 of the Act, and to determine and regulate the educational, research, financial and other policies of the University.
- To provide for the raising, receiving, spending and borrowing of funds, placing investments and money of the University, maintain correct account, and conduct annual audit of the same.
- To appoint representatives of the University to other institutions or organizations as may be desirable.
- To purchase, take on lease, accept as gift or otherwise acquire any land, buildings or property which may be necessary or convenient for the purpose of the University, and on such terms and conditions as it may deem fit and proper, and to construct, alter and maintain any such land, buildings or property.
- To hold, sell, hypothecate or dispose off, transfer or accept transfers of any movable, immovable and intellectual property as needed to fulfill the aims and objectives of the University.
- To appoint committees and delegate any of the above mentioned powers and duties to any of officers, authority and committee or employee of the University.
- To perform such other functions as may be prescribed from time to time in the Act/Statutes.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.