Students seeking admission to the hostels must apply separately on the prescribed form to the Chief Warden, SGT University, Budhera, Gurgaon at the beginning of every academic year. The dates for the same shall be put on the notice board of the hostel. The in charge of Admission then shall send the filled forms to the Dean Students Welfare. The decision of the Dean Students’ Welfare is final and binding. Once the decision is taken, the list of selected students shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the Hostel. On deposit of the hostel fees with the Accounts Section, a list of names with receipt of payment shall be sent to Hostel in-charge.
- All the hostel rooms shall be furnished with beds, study tables, chairs and cupboards and equipped with ceiling fans and lights. Special facilities for air conditioners to be used on extra payment basis shall also be provided. The students who are interested in installing air conditioners will have to apply for consideration. Besides, for all its residents, the Hostel shall consist of a common dining hall, a common recreation room with a T.V., incoming call facility, a Kitchen and common bathrooms. Geysers shall be provided in all bathrooms.
- Being a fully self-financed, unaided University, the hostels shall not be subsidized by the University in any manner. It shall be run as a self-financed hostel by recovering all actual costs of running and maintaining the said hostel and mess, including its rent. The actual cost is to be recovered equitably from all students occupying the hostel. The University may outsource the hostel services to an external agency, if required, under the overall management of the University.
- If it is found at any point, even after the hostel has been occupied, that all the actual costs of running and maintaining the said hostel are not being recovered, the University reserves the right to recover the actual cost equitably from all the residents.
- Hostel accommodation shall be given for once a year instead one year commencing from the start of Academic Year.
- Accommodation in the hostel cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any student. All students enrolled with the University as regular students except ex-students are entitled to apply and be considered for hostel accommodation.
Studying away from home opens up a world of exciting learning possibilities, but along with the excitement comes the anxiety about the unknown, as you begin your learning journey. This is why high-quality accommodation, separate for boys and girls, on a shared basis, with clean and hygienic dining facilities is provided by the university. Living in a hostel is a great way to meet other students and make new friends. You will find yourself with people from all over the country, so you can learn about different cultures and expand your horizons. The rooms are well furnished with 24 hours power back-up, treated water, Wi-Fi. All hostels are provided with Security Guards round the clock.