We at SGT University believe that academic collaboration programs between the Foreign universities and Indian institutions and organizations must aim at meeting the rapidly growing Indian educational needs by leveraging mutual capabilities. A part of our core mission is to prepare our students to compete in the global economy. These collaboration programs contribute to that goal by giving students and faculty members an international experience and global perspectives.
- The implementation of the Internationalization Strategy, and the creation of an action plan. This includes providing support for the University’s Internationalization steering group.
- Developing strategic alliances and managing institutional partnerships and collaborations:
- Develop programmes that prepare students to succeed in the modern global economy
- Create opportunities for international exchange with high quality institutions, for both students and faculty.
- Working with departments to develop their international agendas. This includes international agreements, funding opportunities, information on student exchanges, faculty exchange and joint research participation in visits and profile-raising.
- Managing an ongoing schedule of visits by SGTU delegations to institutions in other regions of the world.
- Hosting visits of delegations from international universities and other public bodies to SGTU.
- Building international profile for SGTU through visits, social media, events and conferences.
- Developing and managing international opportunities for students.
- Internationalizing the campus, the curriculum and services to staff, students, partners.
SGT University Student Exchange Programs
A student exchange program between SGT Universities and foreign universities is a program where students choose to study abroad in Sponsor institutions. An exchange student could live with a host family or in a designated place including hostels, affordable apartment/house or student lodge. The cost for each program differs according to countries and institutions. The participants could either apply/receive scholarship, self-funded or apply/receive loan.
- To enhance the educational experience of student
- To strengthen the networking between students and Universities
- Broaden personal and educational perspectives
- Explore, appreciate and understand different cultures
- To enhance the ability of the student in second language learning
SGT University Faculty Exchange Programs
The faculty exchange programs provide participants with the opportunity to teach or conduct research for one semester or an academic year at an overseas university. Faculty members benefit from exposure to a culturally varied and diverse faculty make-up, with an opportunity to exchange ideas and observe a variety of styles.
Three basic schemes define the nature of the faculty exchange and the responsibilities of the visiting faculty member.
1) RESEARCH ONLY
We at SGT University aim to become ‘engine of development’. This model lives upto the accepted vision of seeing the university as one of the core institutions in national development.
We believe that the incidence of faculty-staff exchange programs, both international and inter institutional, is one way Indian higher education institutions can ascertain and sustain quality education. These programs are mutual, inter-institutional arrangements through with the proficiency and services of one institute’s faculty are exchanged with the other institution for time-limited periods.
These faculty exchange programs in most cases international faculty exchange lead to benefits that accrue:
- Revitalization of course content to reflect the latest trends;
- Invigoration of faculty by the addition of new colleagues directly involved in the similar practice arena;
- Creation of new opportunities for future collaboration on research, special projects and practicals;
- Acquisition or update of practice experience which can inform faculty teaching and research
Faculty exchanges are not limited to exchanges with other universities and colleges but are also arranged with industrial firms, government agencies, businesses, and such, where both parties involved may benefit from the exchange.
Dr. Rajneesh Wadhwa
Director-Office of International Affairs
“The world has developed into a global network of interactions that impact cultures, both locally and internationally. Educational systems are evolving to provide new international perspectives that foster the development of students, staff, faculty, programs, and institutions.”
Dr Reshu Madan
Mr Rishabh Chandra Pandey