Prof. O. P. Kalra
- Prof. O. P. Kalra is Director Professor of Medicine and Nephrologist having teaching experience of more than 40 years and is a renowned Academic Administrator. He has served as Vice Chancellor, Pt. B. D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak (2015-2021), Past President, Association of Indian Health Sciences Universities, National Head, UNESCO Chair of Bioethics for all Health Sciences Universities in India, Dean Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi and as Principal, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi.
- After passing MBBS from JN Medical College, AMU Aligarh, he underwent postgraduate training in medicine from PGIMER, Chandigarh followed by DM (Nephrology) from the same institute. Subsequently, he was trained as Clinical Scholar at the Division of Nephrology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA and later awarded Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship in Nephrology at Leicester General Hospital, UK.
- Principal Investigator/ Co-PI of various research projects funded by Department of Biotechnology, Department of Science and Technology and University Grants Commission. Dedicated teacher and researcher having published a book, monographs, more than 300 scientific papers and communications in various National and International Journals of repute. Supervised MD/PhD thesis of more than 65 students, guest speaker to various Universities and organisations in India and abroad during various conferences.
- Recipient of several national and international awards, fellowships and oration awards; of these, significant ones include : Dr. B.C. Roy National Award in the Eminent Medical Teacher category awarded by the Hon’ble President of India, State Award by Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Distinguished Academician and Researcher of the Year award by the Indo-US Academic Council for Emergency and Trauma, International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis award by International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis, USA, Commonwealth Fellowship award at Leicester, UK, Eminent Alumnus Award by the National Board of Examinations; Award of Fellowship of National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), American College of Physicians, Royal College of Physicians, London, Indian Society of Nephrology, Young Investigator Award by the Japanese Society for Dialysis Therapy. Received oration award conferred by National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), The Association of Physicians of India, Indian Society of Nephrology, Indian Association of Clinical Medicine, The Hypertension Society of India, Indo-US Emergency Medicine Summit.
- Held senior positions in various prestigious academic bodies such as, Chairman, PG Committee, Medical Council of India; Member, UG Committee, Medical Council of India; Member, National Medical Commission; Member, Medical Advisory Council, National Medical Commission; Member, Pharmacy Council of India; Member, Governing Body, National Board of Examinations; Council Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences; Chairman, Disciplinary Committee, Delhi Medical Council; President Delhi Nephrology Society; Member, various committees, University Grants Commission and Programme Advisory Committee of Department of Science and Technology, Department of Bio-technology and Indian Council of Medical Research; Vice Dean, Indian College of Physicians, The Association of Physicians of India and Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Member of Executive Council / Academic Council / Board of Management / Court / Governing Body of various Universities in the country.
- Established Hemodialysis Centres at various Govt. Hospitals in Delhi and Haryana to provide highly subsidised, cost effective hemodialysis and radio-diagnostic facilities under Public Private Partnership to provide these facilities to lower socio-economic strata of society.