The FMHS, SGT University offers both under graduate (MBBS) and post graduate (MD/ MS) courses, M.Sc. in Medical Sciences & Ph.D. courses. All departments have highly qualified and experienced faculty. The Institute has well equipped Laboratories, Lecture halls, Media Center, Air-Conditioned Library and Auditorium.
The Institute, being located in rural area, the hospital provides services to the economically weaker sections of the society at affordable rates. The hospital also holds outreach activities regularly in the form of Medical Camps, Eye Camps, Medical Checkup Camps for school children and Health Education talks. The Institute also works in close collaboration with Government Agencies in carrying out various National Health Programs.
The Institute takes keen interest in research activities. Each department has its own Research Laboratory to help the faculty and students in their research endeavours. In additions, the Institute has a well-equipped central research lab to co-ordinate and guide all research activities. The Institute is constantly striving to achieve excellence in all aspects and is committed to develop competent professionals to practice medicine with compassion.
Our high-quality and innovative teaching in a research-intensive environment benefits our students, our patients and the public. Our key values are excellence and partnership, and we apply these to our teaching and learning, and to our research. Partnerships are key to all our activities and to their delivery.
We work closely across the different departments in our faculty, and with other faculties in the University, so that our work is truly interdisciplinary. We pride ourselves on the way we embed internationalisation in all we do, but we also work closely with Government and other healthcare providers, this brings relevance and real-life impact to our teaching and research.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is a truly exciting place to learn, to conduct research and to work. Together we are making a real difference to people’s lives.
List of courses and its specialty:
- M.B.B.S. – BACHELOR OF MEDICINE & BACHELOR OF SURGERY
- M.D. (ANATOMY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (ANATOMY)
- M.D. (PHYSIOOGY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (PHYSIOLOGY)
- M.D. (BIOCHEMISTRY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (BIOCHEMISTRY)
- M.D. (PATHOLOGY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (PATHOLOGY)
- M.D. (PHARMACOLOGY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (PHARMACOLOGY)
- M.D. (FMT) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (FORENSIC MEDICINE & TOXICOLOGY)
- M.D. (MICROBIOLOGY) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (MICROBIOLOGY)
- M.D. (COMMUNITY MEDICINE) – DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (COMMUNITY MEDICINE)
- M.Sc. Medical Anatomy
- M.Sc. Medical Physiology
- M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Medical Pharmacology
- M.Sc. Medical Microbiology
- M.Sc. Medical Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Ph. D. (Medical Forensic Sciences)
- Ph. D. (Medical Anatomy)
- Ph. D. (Medical Microbiology)
- Ph. D. (Medical Pharmacology)
- Ph. D. (Medical Physiology)